The ELEMENTARY SCHOOL's Light It Up Blue was also a great activity for our elementary students (awareness for diverse learners, autism, CP, tangled brains...) Students were excited to parade in a dark gymnasium with their blue light sticks and enjoyed the "You've Got a Friend" theme. Judy Bouchard, on behalf of the Heather and Liam Connection, presented the school with a beautiful outdoor "Buddy Bench" . Our appreciation and gratitude goes out to Judy for organizing this event, to the teachers for preparing their students, and to the entire staff for helping with this worthwhile awareness event. Gina Jandreau has posted photos at:
You can preview some of the available titles or volunteer for the event at this link:
READ ACROSS AMERICA 2017!Wednesday, March 1st~ Fox in Socks
· Life Lesson #1: If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.
· Wear fun socks, mismatched socks, silly socks, or crazy socks and show them off!
· Dr. Seuss Surprise #1! (All students will get a Dr. Seuss surprise to start their week!) THANK YOU MES PTA! J
Thursday, March 2 ~ Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
· Life Lesson #2: You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant!
· Wear green!
· Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham and birthday cake to be served in the cafeteria for lunch
· Dr. Seuss Surprise #2! (All students will get a Dr. Seuss surprise to end their week!) THANK YOU MES PTA! J
Friday, March 3 ~ The Lorax Day!
· Life Lesson #3: A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.
· Wear a mustache! (be creative)
· Movie: The Lorax
· Candy Fish winner will be announced!
· Seussy Snack Time! (Classrooms will be given a ‘Seussy Snack’ and ‘Seussy water’. THANK YOU MES PTA!
One of the nice things about our elementary school's location is the access to cross country skiing and snowshoe trails behind the school. Thanks to all the volunteers who help keep the trails maintained so the students can enjoy them. Here are some photos of our snowshoe club who took to the trails after school yesterday. Doesn't this look like good, healthy fun?
1-10 of 64